Friday, June 28, 2013

Through my lens today !


What a great addition to our farm!!  This wild rabbit is only a couple of weeks old.... What a cutie !!


The Iris is a perennial that attracts butterflies and hummingbirds.  It comes in many colors, shapes and sizes and is named after a Greek goddess.  The purple iris is symbolic of wisdom and compliments.


Dandelions look like a nasty old weed but they are full of Vitamins A, B, C and D.  The leaves are used to make tea and can add flavor to sandwiches and salads.  Did you ever hear of dandelion wine?  The dandelion flowers are used to make wine.


The Canadian Tiger Swallowtail -  This species of butterfly is the only member of the worldwide swallowtail family to live this far north.


This little fox was curled up, sleeping on the side of the road.  As we drove closer, our headlights startled her and she quickly stood up....It was almost dark, so I cranked up my camera ISO and managed to get this cute ''posed'' image of her!!

2 comments:

  1. loved all the photos - and in particular one of my favorite flowers, the Dandelion, - I can never understand why people think they are a detriment to their lawn - the fox was a great picture (and this super-amateur photographer will have to check out ISO) Himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment.... As far as increasing the ISO in the fox image, I basically ''fooled'' my camera into thinking it was brighter outside. I didn't want to use my external flash because I know she would have run away instantly..haha..glad you enjoyed the post!!

      Delete